Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Big Holiday...... Day 11

After the big day at Movie World, another “designated” quiet day.

Off to a relaxed start with some shopping at the Centro Tweed Woollies to get provisions for a bbq lunch (no, no grog this time!). Back to the unit to put it all together and then it was just a very short trip to the Currumbin Creek for lunch and ‘as long as they like’ on the beach, with quiet, calm water all around.

Fired up the free gas barbie, and piled the lot on – prawns, Italian meatballs, lamb chops, fish pieces for Ben and, of course, sausages for Chloe. While this rather delectable feast was being prepared we came across some interesting bugs in the trees around the area.

I had planned this really well, buying just six, large prawns – one for Rob, two for Lorelle and three (of course) for me. When I had finished the cooking, all the food was taken to the table ready for eating. I figured that while I was cleaning the hotplate, I may as well eat one of ‘my’ prawns. As I was soon to discover, this was a very fortunate move.

Back at the table, NO prawns left – bugger me dead, Chloe who wouldn’t normally touch such things, had eaten three of the little beggars. So much for my mislaid plans.

Spent a good couple of hours on the creek beach. Chloe really enjoyed it because there were no waves. Lots of paddling and skylarking, found some strange seeds, a crab and interesting patterns in the sand, made, I think, by sandworms.

Short trip back to the unit. Got hooked into an old spaghetti western (they have Foxtel) and didn’t get to bed until about 1 am. Lo and behold, Rob must have been lying in wait for me – no, not what you think – and she got me for the “pinch and a punch” for about the seventh month in a row. MUST do better next time.

No comments: