Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Earthrace visit .......

The international environmental boat "Earthrace" visited Warrnambool over the Australia Day long weekend. We took Hughie down to have a look over it and thought that Ben & Chloe might be interested. A short phone call later, and Tim brought them down for a tour.

The vessel itself is smaller - both in height and width - compared to what I expected, but it is spectacular. A bit gimicky, I think but very unusual. They should paint if black and hire it out for the next Batman movie - it would make an ideal Batm'boat. Or, alternatively, for the next James Bond movie.

I shudder to think how I would go in it on a long voyage - very cramped inside. I imagine it would get swealtering down below in warmer weather.

Notwithstanding all the above, a very worthwhile visit as it is certainly something "different".

No comments: