Monday, April 21, 2008

A new chapter set to begin ........

I have resigned my job at British American Tobacco, effective on 15 May 2008. So, a new beginning, hopefully full of new challenges awaits me.

I have been unhappy in the job for some time. The constant travelling and being away from home so much (I think I have missed almost every family anniversary, birthday, event, etc. over the past two years) have been taking their toll. As a result, the quality of my work has also suffered, which was an added burden because I do like to maintain a certain standard in everything I do. So, it is time to move on. I will have a short break and will then be back with, hopefully, new part or full time work - but definately localised around Warrnambool.

I have had a great time at Rothmans/BATA and they have been very good employers over the past 14 years, so I have no negative feelings or comments to make.

Roll on the future ................

No comments: