Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cup Day blues

Had the usual festive Melbourne Cup day - chicken, prawns, champers and some punting. The 'blues' were definately on me as I couldn't get a collect all day with my trifectas - managed a 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the last but as we all know, may as well have been the last three home.

Robbie capped off a successful spring campaign though, having had a good win Caulfield Cup day. She had three good wins, including the Cup winner (completing the Caulfield-Melbourne Cup double) - winning over $150, enough to easily cover my pathetic efforts.

Lorelle and Chloe joined us. I know Ben would have loved to be here too, but he had school - not getting a holiday here in the country. I guess the excitement was just too much for them as evidenced by the picture of them relaxing between races. Chloe, did, however find some mischief to attend to. Helping me to organise the prawns and bacon appetizers, she clearly decided that the only way we might make a profit from the afternoon would be to go out and rob a bank or two - Ned Kelly style.

No comments: